Question:

From Queens, New York, USA:

I urgently need to find a source of diabetes information written in another language. The patient is a recent immigrant to the United States, 38, just diagnosed, and can not fully comprehend English material or instructions.

Answer:

I'm sure that there is plenty of information written in foreign languages available from the country's Diabetes Association. The country's consulate in New York City or Washington, D.C. may be a source of quick written material. You also may be able to download written information directly from the Internet in that language.

Additional comments from Dr. Quick:

See Websites Multilinguisticos for diabetes information in several languages.

WWQ