From San Diego, California, USA:

What is the proper diet for person with gestational diabetes? I took the 3 hour glucose blood test and the numbers are 79, 205, 189, 115. The nurse told me that two middle numbers are very high. Also, should I stop taking my pre-natal vitamin? Does it have an effect?

The nurse is correct. You have two values that are elevated on your glucose test. For specifics of the diet, I would suggest that you consult with the dietitian associated with your obstetrician's office.

You should keep taking your vitamins. They will not affect the diabetes.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes and Meal Planning, Food and Diet