From Texas, USA:

I need a good list of foods and the amount of carbohydrates in each food. Plain language, not technical terms. For example, such things as peaches, watermelon, beef jerky, cantaloupe, etc.

It sounds like the Basic Exchange Lists would be helpful, where they give the portion sizes of basic foods, such as you have listed. It is called Exchange Lists for Meal Planning and available from the American Diabetes Association (call 800-232-3472) or ask the diabetes educator or dietitian at a local clinic or hospital. The amounts of fruits are in the Exchange List book.

Beef jerky is not listed in the Exchange book. I looked at a book by Marion Franz, Exchanges for All Occasions, and found beef jerky, 1/2 ounce, is 1 lean meat. If it has any carbohydrate in it, it must be very minimal. It is very high in sodium, however. Note: The book by Franz is an excellent resource to have -- be sure you get the most recent edition.