From South Carolina, USA:

I need a nutrition guide for an open-heart patient (age 69) living with non-insulin diabetes. She is my mom; her levels are: 96-140.

Your request is an excellent one and I am glad you want to learn more about the importance of a meal plan in managing your mother's diabetes and heart problems. I would suggest meeting with a dietitian who is a Certified Diabetes Educator. She/he can recommend a meal plan and some books. I hate to do so since I do not want it to take the place of the visit. Some books are not going to be helpful for some folks so please see an expert who can really help you. Please ask your doctor or local hospital for some recommendations of who to see.