From California, USA:

My 15-year-old daughter has diabetes very badly: her blood sugar runs anywhere the 250-500. She has had problems in the past with having to watch her blood sugar level very closely and she takes 2 insulin shots a day. I just found out today she is 9 weeks pregnant and wants to keep the baby. The doctors said she was a high risk pregnancy and when she was 8 or 9 the doctors then told her if she were to ever have a baby either she or both of them would probable die in childbirth. I am scared. What do I do? Where do I turn for help? Can you please help me? I am desperate.

Your best bet is to go to the doctor's office with your daughter and discuss your concerns with the physician and your daughter. I sympathize with your situation, and it is good that you express your fears to your daughter, but you also need to support her as well. Her pregnancy will be high risk, but manageable.

Posted to Family Planning