Question:

From Gauteng, South Africa:

My daughter (11 years, diagnosed 3 years ago with Type 1 diabetes) has A1c readings of 118 to 122. Different doctors have different opinions and rate these readings from excellent to poor. What can one expect from a child of this age?

Answer:

I am not familiar with hemoglobin A1c being reported this way. I would refer you back to your doctor to clarify the results.

LM

Posted to A1c, Glycohemoglobin, HgbA1c

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.