From Illinois, USA:

My daughter is 15 years old. She was diagnosed with Type 1 at age 7. She has been testing high (300's). We keep raising her insulin. She takes 62 units in the morning and 60 units before supper and unless she's been outside playing on the trampoline or something, she is still high a lot. Her doctor thought she may be getting too much insulin (that's before it was even this much) and tried to lower it, but she got even higher. I thought maybe she was eating too much, but when he told me she should be eating 2400 calories a day, I realized she's not even eating that much. She hasn't started her period yet. Is this too much insulin? Do we have to get it down?

I would also like to know if there has ever been a question raised as to the possible link of morning sickness pills being taken by the mother having anything to do with the child developing diabetes.

You don't tell us what your daughter weighs but the doses you quote are probably fairly high. Nonetheless, I assume that she's well into puberty and it is not at all uncommon for insulin doses to be high during this time. Having said this, you should be aware that there is very good evidence that teenagers commonly don't take all the insulin that is prescribed - they may skip doses or take less than they should - for a whole variety of reasons. I am not making any allegations here, just pointing out that the pubertal years are pretty tricky all round for diabetes.

The answer to your second question is that I am not aware of any association between any morning sickness pills and subsequent diabetes in the child.