Question:

From New York, USA:

Could you please comment on the new "Vaculance" lancing device by Bayer? The advertisement says the method is painless and I'd like to hear your opinion about the product. My daughter, who's 8 and has had diabetes for a year, could really use it.

Answer:

Using the Vaculance is pretty much pain-free, except for a very slight sucking sensation that might be perceived as uncomfortable by some children. The Vaculance has the advantage of allowing many more sites on the skin to be used for blood glucose testing. It's relatively difficult to use, because you have to go through several steps to make it work right.

Look for a more extensive review of this product at this website soon.

SS