From Roanoke, Virginia, USA:

My 7 year old son has frequent urination, thirst and hunger. He has on several occasions in the past gotten extreme hunger and if food was not administered immediately, he got a headache, vomited and then went to sleep for a while. Upon waking up, he would eat something and feel much better. In the last two months he has wet the bed a few times and gotten up to go to the bathroom during the night. We have a family member with diabetes on both sides of the family.

My question is how much is "frequent urination and thirst?" My 10 year old daughter and my husband only go to the bathroom 3 times a day. My son and I both average about 10 times in a day and get up once at night. What is a normal person's average? Both my son and I always have a drink in our hand. I always see the words excessive urination and thirst on the lists but how much is the norm?

Frequent urination and thirst are too individual to really give a response in this venue.

Urine production is based on input, all things being equal. However, there are diseases that cause excess urination and thirst. I think the very best answer is to see your doctor and make sure the questions of ability to concentrate the urine and lack of sugar in the urine are both normal and healthy.