From California, USA:

I have had diabetes for almost eight years and I am approaching 14 years old. Since I was about six or seven, my doctors have constantly been telling me that the cure is only about 5-10 years down the road. Well, that's what they say every year and it seems like the cure isn't getting any closer. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Should I have any hope for a cure within the next few years? How much progress are the researchers making? Will it ever come?

I can only imagine your frustration at being given a time frame for a cure for diabetes. I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question, except to say that "it is taking too long." However, there is a lot of fantastic research happening. In the meantime, do your best with what we have to live your life to the fullest!

Posted to Research: Cure