From British Columbia, Canada:

I'm a 15 year old female and I've had type 1 diabetes for 2 1/2 years. I never used to have a bad eating habit before I developed diabetes and now I do. I also have been eating a lot and I can't seem to go without eating something every hour. I'm actually thin but lately I've been putting on a lot of weight and I'm also very active. I went from weighing 120 pounds to 132 pounds in 1 month. I've always been thin and I was wondering if I might have an eating disorder or something or if it's because now that I can't eat everything I want when I want that I'm craving food so much? I'm just scared that I'm gaining so much weight so fast and I can't stop eating and it's also effecting my sugars. My mom even noticed that I've gained some weight and I'm not growing in height.

I am wondering: how much insulin are you taking? Sometimes, a person can end up "feeding the insulin" instead of being actually hungry! At fifteen, your growth may not be completed and hormones also are different; this too may be affecting your appetite.

Is there anything of an emotional nature going on now? Food is a way for people to "numb" themselves from feeling uncomfortable things like sadness, anger, frustration, etc. You are the only one who can answer this.

PS: It is normal to gain back some weight once insulin is introduced since weight loss occurs prior to diagnosis, but in your case, that does not seem to fit your history.