From Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada:

My 12 year old Type 1 diabetic son is travelling to Japan later this month for 10 days. What is the incidence of Type 1 in Japan? I am sending extra insulin with him, as I understand when travelling to other countries, the insulin is likely to be different. Is this the case in Japan?

The incidence of type 1 diabetes is very low in Japan, one of the lowest recorded so far across the world. There are no problem of insulin availability there and most of the US and European insulin brands should be easily found in the pharmacies.

Posted to Traveling