Question:

From Omaha, Nebraska, USA:

My 16 year old daughter checked her blood sugar with a friend's glucose meter. Her blood sugar was 302. She ate some lunch and then went to dance class. After class, she retested her sugar and it was 123. Does a nondiabetic's blood sugar fluctuate during the day or is this very unusual? She does have a doctor's appointment scheduled for later this week.

Answer:

I suspect that your daughter had sugar on her fingers when she did the first test (assuming she used the machine properly) but, by the time you receive this reply, she will have been seen by your doctor so your questions will be answered.