From Florida, USA:

I have a 2 year old grandson that has diabetes type 1. The doctor has ordered us to test his sugar 3 times a day but we don't know what the norms for his age should be. He weight about 14 kg and stands about 2 foot tall.

I cannot give you specific levels for your child. I will tell you that I tend to advise parents of little children to have glucoses a bit higher than the levels for older children and adults.

I try to have a child wake up at least 100 mg/dl and not go to bed below 110-120 mg/dl. I recommend parents check glucoses at night several times a month and whenever there is a change in insulin. Duration of diabetes, family lifestyle, temperament of the child all play a role in determining a recommended glucose level. That's why your doctor is the best source of information.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Daily Care