From Spearfish, South Dakota:

My little boy is 6 now and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when he was 4. He has been fairly easy to control and has grown incredibly. Actually, he looks like the picture of health. I am interested in my little boy getting an insulin pump when he hits the appropriate age but seems to me there would be a greater chance for low blood sugars with one. Is that true?

Please see information at this website on pumps, as well as previously answered questions about pumps. You will find varying opinions. I feel that only you and your child and diabetes care provider can make such a personal decision.

In answer to your question about lows, many people on pumps find that the pump has improved their problem with lows!

[Editor's comment: You may also wish to chat with other parents in the Parents or Pump Users chat rooms. JSH]

Posted to Insulin Pumps