From New York, USA:

I would like to know if there are any articles written about the relationship of brain tumors and Nutrasweet (aspartame), since that is about all that there is available for children with diabetes. I am familiar with the others but was wondering about the recent reports made about Nutrasweet.

About 10 years ago, there was some review of research to indicate there may be a relationship between aspartame and brain tumors. There has been no confirming data and no more recent research to indicate it should not be used. We see no problem with its use, unless a very small child is consuming 3-4 cans diet soda/day.