Question:

From the state of Washington, USA:

At the age of 8, I was diagnosed with childhood-onset diabetes. Currently, I am 23 years old. I am 6 foot, 3 inches tall, and weigh 180 pounds. I take 20 units of R and 30 units of NPH in the morning, and 20 units of R and 20 units of NPH at dinnertime. Am I taking proper dosages for my weight?

Answer:

The number of units of insulin that you are taking are a bit on the high side, compared to average. But, if your weight is okay for you, then I wouldn't worry about the number of units of insulin; I'd be concerned only with the results: are you taking the right number of units of insulin to control your blood sugar levels? I'd look at your blood sugars, and glycohemoglobin levels, to answer this question.

WWQ