Question:

From Oklahoma, USA:

What is the proper way to test for hyperglycemia? I took a few tests and my blood sugar levels where between 60-66. I called a doctor and they said it could be controlled by diet. Can you give me some advice? I am 31.

Answer:

I really don't understand why your doctor is saying. According to what you say, you are concerned that your blood sugar is high and it needs a change in diet. Possibly your weight needs a diet? To me, on the basis of the recently revised criteria of the American Diabetes Association, your blood sugar levels ranging between 60 and 66 mg/dl are quite normal.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA