From Lansing, Michigan, USA:

Have you ever done any research on a certain type of blood sugar monitor? The one I am questioning is called AccuCheck Advantage #646708. I was wondering about the accuracy of it or if it has had any problems. Any information of the makers or the equipment will be helpful.

All of the meter manufacturers have 800 numbers, and all are under the scrutiny of the FDA to report any problems to the FDA. The 800 numbers are frequently on the meters themselves, and are posted at this website, at the subpages of Blood Glucose Meters.

I'd therefore suggest that you contact your meter's manufacturer with your question.