From the Netherlands:

Are there already insulin "implants"? In other words, are there little apparatuses (with a chip inside) which are transplanted into your body and which automatically regulate your insulin requirement? This are stories I hear here in Holland about Switzerland!

I'd have to say that things are not so easy as you have been told and I've not heard any recent "breakthrough" about "closed feedback loop" insulin infusion systems. They've been working on that since a long time ago and the biggest problems have been the miniaturization and safely coordination of the three main components: glucose sensors, insulin pumps and pump control systems. Moreover, the insulin needs to be very concentrated and stable at body temperature.

You can read a recent review on this topic in Diabetes Care, Vol. 21, Number 3. It seems that final solution is on the way even though it will require some more years.

Posted to Research: Monitoring