From Georgia, USA:

I am a 13 year old female that has always been tired all the time and I get dizzy spells and would sometimes be in a daze like and not realize what was going on around me, these things all happen periodically. But I always realized that I would feel better after I ate.

Just a few weeks ago I tore a ligament in my knee and I had to go to rehabilitation. One day at Rehabilitation I got really dizzy and I had to stop for a while. One of the doctors there asked me if I had low blood sugar. I told her, no not that I know of, but then I got to thinking, diabetes does run in my family so I told her. She told me I should get checked for it and I haven't been able to so far.

So my question is: How serious is hypoglycemia and does it sound like I have it?

It is hard to give this specific type of medical advice in this setting. You should see your doctor and describe the symptoms. Based on your medical history he may wish for you to measure blood glucose at home to document the level when you have symptoms.

As to diabetes, I have never been completely convinced that hypoglycemia was predictive of diabetes, while others seem to feel so. Nevertheless, the task is to be aware of the signs and symptoms of diabetes, thirst, frequent urination, and excessive hunger.