From Madras, Tamil Nadu, India:

Giving fibrous foods may often bore a child. Can you give me some alternate dishes other than fruits to turn the child on?

I do not know the variety of foods available in India, but including various fruits, vegetables, and grains will provide a good amount of fiber. Actually many whole grains have more fiber in them than fruits do. Keep in mind that spices will add some extra pizzazz to any meals. There is an excellent publication from the American Diabetes Association/American Dietetic Association titled, Indian and Pakistani Food Practices. It has many ideas for foods and how they fit into the exchange lists/carbohydrate counting. It can be ordered by calling toll-free in the USA 800-232-3472 (ask for ISBN 0-88091-151-4) or from