Question:

From Atlanta, Georgia, USA:

What herbs and or vitamins can help the effects of diabetes? The person is a senior citizen and she takes quite a bit of medication a day for her diabetes and other health problems (arthritis in knees and legs, and she had a heart attack). I do not want to give her any more medication but I am also paranoid about giving her herbs with them being recommended.

She takes pills for her illness. She doesn't have to take insulin yet. I don't want it to go that far.

Answer:

I am unaware of any specific herbs, vitamins, or minerals that are especially helpful for diabetes. A multiple vitamin and mineral supplement might be helpful, especially if she doesn't eat well.

LSF

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Alternative Therapies and Explanations