Question:

From Pennsylvania, USA:

I have recently become insulin dependent, approximately 6 months ago. I am on Humalog and NPH. I change the site for each injection. Recently I have been bruising at the site as well as other places on my body. This is complicated by a flare up of arthritis in my right elbow and left shoulder. I am also taking six medications (3 are in relation to the arthritis). My blood sugar testing is regular, no real highs or lows. Is the bruising related to diabetes? Recommendations?

Answer:

The bruising is not directly related to the diabetes. Be sure to talk to your diabetes educator about whether your injection technique is in any way aggravating the problem, and to your physician about whether the medications you are taking might be contributing to the problem!

WWQ