I recently had an epidural steroid injection, and noticed in the following days a substantial increase in my blood sugar levels. This has not yet completely returned to the levels that preceded the injection. Do you have any information on how long the effect usually lasts?

Steroid medications frequently cause dramatic increases in blood sugar levels, as you've found out. The duration of the elevation depends on the steroid, the dose, and the route of administration. You'll have to contact your treating physician to find out how long the effect will last for your case.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA