From Idaho, USA:

My daughter is 18 months old. We have been checking her blood sugars on a friend's glucose meter. It goes as low as 42 and high of 187 after a nap and nothing to eat for close to three hours. Should I be concerned?

The numbers you give are not normal. Are you doing the tests correctly? Is the meter control solutions correct? If all are yes, then you should report the data to your pediatrician.

You cannot use a glucose meter to diagnose diabetes unless there are symptoms, thirst, urine and weight loss with a glucose of over 200.