From San Rafael, California, USA:

Our 6-year-old daughter (diagnosed at age 4, 2 years ago) has been using the GentleJet injector by Activa and distributed by Health-Mor Personal Care Corp. for several months. We just found out that the US distributor does not exist anymore, apparently the whole Chicago office left. The adaptors for the vials can only be ordered from Toronto, and there is import duty to be paid. Unfortunately, our investigating diabetes nurse has been given the runaround. It is very disturbing to be using an instrument where all of a sudden nobody is willing to talk anymore. Do you have any information or could you give us suggestions on where to go?

Some time ago I spoke on the telephone with the president of the company that bought Activa. I cannot find my notes from that discussion, but I recall the president stating that he was committed to reducing the price of the product by changing the distribution model from a dedicated sales force to sales through pharmacies. That makes the dissolution of the Chicago sales office understandable.

I don't know about import duties.