Question:

From America On-Line:

I am wondering (as someone newly concerned about diabetes) whether anyone has made a diet soda that does not taste like chemical-plant effluent. Any standard diet pops that are considered pretty palatable? I'm going to miss my Coke, and Diet Coke is revolting!

Answer:

Most of the children I work with think the Diet Dr. Pepper tastes like the "real" thing. I think what tastes good is very individual, but many have commented on the Dr. Pepper. I hope you find something you enjoy.

JM

Additional Comments from a Reader:

I just read the question on diet soft drinks. I find Canfield's Diet Cherry Chocolate Fudge pretty good (no/low carbs, sodium, caffeine). Somewhat expensive, at U$2.75 per sixpack, and may be hard to find. This was very popular among dieters in our area a few years ago.

Recently I have tried something new -- Pepsi One, with Sunette artificial sweetener. Much better than Diet Pepsi, I think.

I also drink a lot of lemonade, made from Realemon reconstituted juice with Sunette sweetener. Tastes good, and I minimize my caffeine intake.

Additional comment added 14 Nov 1998