From Wisconsin, USA:

I have an 11 year old daughter, just diagnosed four months ago. We are having a dickens of a time controlling blood sugars, with an active lifestyle and at times inactive life (depends on weather mostly), the beginning of puberty and sometimes wanting to cheat on her diet.

I'm not sure how all of this relates, but I was told that diabetics are prone to yeast infections. She has itching and burning a lot of the time and we've done just about everything, to help her. It has gotten so bad she can't participate in her sport activities, or swim with her friends. Does anyone have any answers to help her?

It is likely that the yeast is in response to the blood glucose. Control one and the other will follow.

I suggest that the dose of rapid acting insulin (Regular or Humalog) can be adjusted based on the glucose and the carbs and the activity. Talk to your daughter's diabetes team.