From Mississippi, USA:

My eight year old daughter has been diabetic for five months. I have read about niacinamide. Should I give this to her, and can it be harmful?

No, you should not give her nicotinamide. There is currently an international trial underway to establish if it has a role in preventing diabetes but it does not help once the disease has manifested itself. There have been several studies to try to prolong the honeymoon period with various immune-suppressive drugs but all are toxic in themselves and the effect is short-lived.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations and Research: Causes and Prevention