I am trying to find out if fruits are okay to eat if you have type 2 diabetes. I love to eat tons of fruits. Watermelon and cantaloupes are my favorite.

I am unsure what you mean by tons of fruit, but yes, fruit is certainly allowed and encouraged in the meal plan. However, moderation is the key: A fruit serving is usually 1/2 cup or a small piece of fresh fruit and most meal plans allow for 5 or so fruit servings per day. If you want to switch some of your starch choices to fruit servings, that should be okay, but please check with your local dietitian who is hopefully a Certified Diabetes Educator to get specifics on your meal plan.