From Colorado, USA:

My 7 year old isn't getting enough to eat from the school's hot lunches. What do I do when she is low? How do I know she is getting enough?

You may want to visit with the school nurse about your concerns. The cafeteria manager or school food service director may be able to help you with supplementing the lunch if there is not enough food to fulfill her meal plan. Many parents will send some food with their children to supplement school lunches. Some children check blood sugars at noon and other times when they are feeling low. A good talk with school personnel regarding her diabetes care is a must. A plan for emergencies should be developed at this time.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Social Issues: School and Daycare