From Bombay, India:

My daughter aged 9 years was diagnosed for juvenile diabetes last year, and since than she has been taking Mixtard 70/30 human insulin. The doctor now feels that we should change to pork insulin and move to a mixed format of 80/20, using syringes rather than the Novopen which we are using now. Is it safe? Will change over from human to pork affect the child with any adverse reactions?

Species of insulin has been a controversy for a while. Some believe that human insulin predisposes to more hypos while others, this writer included, disagree. I presume your doctor believes pork insulin to be safer.

Insulin from beef and pork pancreas was the original commercial insulin and the only insulin from 1923 until human insulin became available in the 1980's. All are safe and effective.