Question:

From Boca Raton, Florida, USA:

I am a 35 year old male, 5 foot, 10 inches tall; 165 pounds; type 2. I have always been thin; now I am working hard to gain weight by lifting weights (would like muscle mass). No matter how hard I try I am not able to gain weight or build muscle mass. Maybe my diet of 2,000 calories per day has a lot to do with me not adding pounds or muscle mass. I'm not sure. Does anyone have an answer for me?

Answer:

How is your diabetes controlled? If you are running high blood glucose levels, you may not be able to gain weight. You calorie intake should be increased, so I would suggest you see your diabetes dietitian and work out a new plan for an active man.

LSF

Posted to Exercise and Sports and Meal Planning, Food and Diet