From Boca Raton, Florida, USA:

I am a 35 year old male, 5 foot, 10 inches tall; 165 pounds; type 2. I have always been thin; now I am working hard to gain weight by lifting weights (would like muscle mass). No matter how hard I try I am not able to gain weight or build muscle mass. Maybe my diet of 2,000 calories per day has a lot to do with me not adding pounds or muscle mass. I'm not sure. Does anyone have an answer for me?

How is your diabetes controlled? If you are running high blood glucose levels, you may not be able to gain weight. You calorie intake should be increased, so I would suggest you see your diabetes dietitian and work out a new plan for an active man.

Posted to Exercise and Sports and Meal Planning, Food and Diet