From Virginia, USA:

My daughter is 8 years old and was diagnosed as Type 1 about two months ago. We have had people suggest that, beyond taking her to diabetic specialists, we should also solicit care and advice from a chiropractor. Also, what benefits, if any, do the following drugs (vitamins?) have, and should they be taken: Glucagen Complex and Vanadyl Sulfate?

Please see previous questions about vitamins and supplements and diabetes care. I don't know what a chiropractor and these supplements will be able to do to improve diabetes control.

Do the best you can to keep your child's diabetes in the best shape as possible, using the available tools. Learn as much as you can about diabetes, as your knowledge and experience will help your child immensely. Seek out individual advice for your child from a knowledgeable diabetes team.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations