From California, USA:

I am 33 and was just diagnosed with diabetes, type 2, 10 days ago. My blood sugars are consistently at the low 300s for the last week, so I know I cannot try to conceive now, but this question is for the future.

I previously took lots of fertility drugs, Clomid, FSH, LH, and Lupron. I did not become pregnant. I was on a break from fertility treatments when I was diagnosed with diabetes. Will I be able to take fertility drugs in the future now that I have diabetes?

From what I have read diabetes is not a contraindication of the use of Clomid and FSH/LH treatment. Lupron has been associated with hyperglycemia in a small number of patients (<5%). So if you resume these medications, keep a close watch on your glucose levels.

Posted to Family Planning