Question:

From Pakistan:

I am 18 years old suffering from diabetes. It was diagnosed six years back. I am on insulin 70/30. I take 30 units in the morning and 20 units in the evening. My blood sugars are not controlled. What should I do with the situation? And according to the latest research, what is the better treatment for me? Kindly tell me how can I get rid of this disease.

Answer:

I am sorry but there is no cure for diabetes at this time. Do the best you can with what we have, as difficult as it is. Blood glucose control matters in keeping you healthy.

There is no one best insulin regimen. It is the outcome that counts. If 70/30 insulin is not working well enough for you, talk to your doctor about mixing the Regular and NPH yourself to get the doses you need at the time you need it.

Posted to Research: Cure and Insulin