Question:

From Kentucky, USA:

I was diagnosed with diabetes at age 21 (Type 1). I'm now 29 and fairly regulated. I have had occurances of real strong smelling urine and am wondering what could be causing this. I saw a doctor a few months back and had me test my urine over a 24 hour period for protein. The tests came back negative.

Answer:

The possible cuases of the odor would be protein, infection, and concentrated urine (likely from a food).

No protein is great. Infection causes fever, etc. and is therefore unlikely. So probably nothing serious.