Question:

From Brigham City, Utah, USA:

Can you tell me where I can find the symptoms of low blood sugar? I want to know in general what happens at 80, 70, 60, etc. I have had several episodes of low blood sugar at night. most recently, I was 43.

Answer:

Please see the information available at this website concerning hypoglycemia.

With regards to your specific question, a home meter is not accurate enough to distinguish the difference between 10 mg/dl changes in blood sugars. Part of the problem with just knowing one reading, is you don't know if the blood glucose has been reasonably steady, or if you are dropping still. That is why you may feel fine at 70 mg/dl some times, while at others you may feel low. Also you may not always recognize signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia -- see information on hypoglycemic unawareness.

LM