Question:

From the USA:

Are there any laws regulating how often a 12 year old with Type 1 diabetes has to see a doctor within a year?

Answer:

I am not aware of any laws regulating how often a child this age needs to see a diabetes specialist. There are guidelines published by the American Diabetes Association: see their webpage which does not state specifically how frequently a child this age needs to be seen, but discusses goals of treatment and some issues pertinent to children. In my experience, children this age need to be seen at least every 3 months as they are growing rapidly and need frequent changes in their diabetes management.