Question:

By any chance, do you have any latest information on Rezulin? My husband has Type 2 diabetes and I have heard pros and cons. What would be an alternative that might work just as well, but the complications are less?

Answer:

Troglitazone (brand name Rezulin in the USA) pros and cons have been discussed quite a lot also at the last EASD meeting held in Barcelona, Spain, and its side effects seem to be a real problem. A possible alternative could be metformin (brand name Glucophage in the USA) especially at the light of the recent UKPDS data. You should discuss these alternatives with your diabetes team.

Posted to Medications: Pills for Diabetes