From Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada:

I am 18 years old. I've had Type 1 diabetes for approximately 18 months. I take N insulin in the morning and at before bed. I also take R insulin (sliding scale) in the morning and at supper. My blood sugar levels have risen above 13 mmol/l for the past two weeks. I am very concerned. Should I start to take R in the evening in addition to the N in an attempt to lower my blood sugar levels?

It sounds like you need to speak to your doctor right away. It is not uncommon for insulin requirments to increase significantly after initial stabilization due to further loss of your own production of insulin. If your blood sugar is high every day at the same time, rather than chasing down the high blood sugar with extra fast acting insulin, you should work with your own doctor to change your daily insulin regimen to try and avoid the high blood sugars.