Question:

From Texas, USA:

My teenage son was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago. He goes real high and real low. His doctor is also a diabetic and he suggested the insulin pump; we are in the process of receiving it now. I am hoping that his blood sugar will stabilize now. What do you think about the pump?

Answer:

If your son wants an pump and is willing to do the monitoring and take the care needed, he will do fine with the pump. If he does not want to do the pump, he probably should not do it. There is an excellent book, Teens Pumping It Up: Insulin Pump Therapy Guide for Adolescents, which may be of help.

LSF

Posted to Insulin Pumps