From Michigan, USA:

I wonder if insulin dosages should remain the same if switching to human insulin from Pork/Beef insulin, or if the the dosage should be based on a percentage. I have been told that the dosages should decrease using human.

My experience has been that most people do not to change their dosage when switching to human insulin (Humulin or Novolin brands) from Pork/Beef insulin. Frequent blood glucose testing during the switchover would be helpful in determing if a change is needed. You don't say the age of the person that would be using the new insulin, but if it were a very young child who is unable to recognize lows, I might be inclined to drop the dose a little.