From Florence, South Carolina, USA:

I have type 2 diabetes, am 70 years old and suffer from insomnia. Is there an connection between these two conditions, and if so what can I do to help the insomnia? I have just read an article that discusses insomnia and it suggest what might be done if persons rule out such diseases as diabetes.

I don't know of a relationship. I expect the writer of the article might have been referring to the probable nocturia or possible neuropathic pain often discussed as a presenting complaint in type 2 diabetes.