From Nashua, New Hampshire, USA:

I recently found and read a question and answer that sounds like my situation. My Question: What do you mean by normal, normal - good? or normal - bad? or normal - we don't know? Should we be concerned about about an elevated blood sugar level after eating? How concerned? Should we try to profile the rolloff pattern? And if we should try to level it out, what can we do to level it?

I am a 38 year old male, Type 2, diagnosed 3 months ago, no medication, 30-40 pound weight loss has lowered fasting blood glucose to 95 average fasting; spikes to 140 to 160 for 1-2 hours after eating meals.

Your readings, both fasting and after eating, sound okay. I'd check glycohemoglobin (HbA1c) values for better estimation of your average metabolic control. In your case, you don't need to profile your rolloff pattern any longer if the HbA1c values are within "normal" ranges of the lab which performed the exam.

Additional comments from Dr. Quick:

According to the DCCT results, lowering the blood sugar from high to nearly normal means less risk of future complications, but also means a greater risk of having severe hypoglycemic events. There's little evidence that after-meal (postprandial) blood sugar spikes are of any harm, if the average long-term blood sugar (as assessed by the glycohemoglobin) is okay.

Personally, I don't think of a blood sugar as being either "good" or "bad": it's merely "high" or "low" or neither (when it's in the "normal" range).