Question:

From Charlotte, North Carolina, USA:

Are there any research projects dealing with Distal Neuropathy related to diabetes going on in the Southeast United States and if so what type of research and who do I contact? I have type 2 and I am on insulin and pills.

Answer:

The best way to find local diabetes research projects is to start with your own diabetes team and/or your local hospital that provides diabetes education and support.

You can access general information on diabetes research by linking to ADA, JDF, NIDDK or keywords "diabetes research" on the web. You can get information on investigators in your area from the national research projects that are sponsored by ADA, JDF and NIH.

HVS

Posted to Research: Other