Question:

From Virginia, USA:

What is a good fasting reading for a diabetic? Also, what is a good reading before supper (dinner) at around 6:00 P.M.?

Answer:

I would speak with your diabetes care provider about individual goals for blood glucose readings. The goals will depend on such things as your age, whether you recognize your hypoglycemia, frequency of hypoglycemia, medical concerns, etc.

Blood glucose levels fluctuate, and I would try not to look at one reading as "good" or "bad." See how you are doing overall, and do the best you can. Learn what to do when your blood glucose levels are "out of range" or "high" or "low."

LM