From New Jersey, USA:

Two months ago at my 4 year old daughter's annual checkup she showed sugar in her urine on dipstick. A repeat dipstick was done that also came positive for sugar. No other symptoms of diabetes present. She then had fasting glucose blood test done to rule out diabetes which came back negative. Her doctor told us to do nothing. Just recently (2 months since fasting glucose), she has been exhibiting signs of extreme thirst. I tested her urine for sugar using reagent strips for glucose and the result was positive (medium) for sugar. What are your recommendations for further testing and possible diagnoses?

Your daughter has diabetes until proved otherwise. Very occasionally, this picture can be caused by a 'low renal threshold' when sugar spills into the urine at a lower than normal level, but thirst is not a feature of this other condition. Seek urgent medical attention.