From Norwich, England:

I'm a diabetic at University and because of this, have been advised to have a flu jab and a pneumococcal vaccination by the university. They say I am at a greater risk than other people because I have diabetes. Firstly, is that true? And secondly, Should I have the vaccinations?

Yes. And Yes.

See Flu Shots for more information about the flu shot. The pneumonia shot only has to be given once in a very long while, but the flu shot should be given every year to everybody with chronic conditions like diabetes, according to most authorities.

Posted to Other Medications